Apply for this job!
Return to job postings
Job Code: Network Architect
Job Location: Meriden,CT
Category: Information Technology
Industry: Financial Services/Insurance
Interpret business requirements into technical network solutions framework. Provide technology roadmaps governed by strategic direction, business requirements as well as resourcing and financial constraints. Liaise with IT Management to ensure alignment across technology portfolios. Incumbent serves as custodian of the architecture process that interfaces with project coordinators and IT Management providing direction on scope and network solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Network Architect will be responsible for providing expertise to IT staff and end-users
- Build, configure, and monitor network routers, switches, and firewalls
- Design secure and highly available network solutions
- Analyze and make recommendations on existing networks
- Project manages all network infrastructure and server design, upgrades, updates, etc.
- Write and maintain system documentation
- Work with vendor to identify capacity configuration changes with each new platform release
- Provide all levels of break/fix services to include repair and replacement of server infrastructure and engaging 3rd party support as needed
- Ensure security of server/desktop and wireless infrastructure and peripherals
- Support the strategic planning process by identifying and recommending infrastructure improvement
- On-call rotation to provide 24/7 support for the IT Department
- Create, maintain, document, update and manage Network Change Control process
- Performs other duties as assigned.
-Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience in addition to the requirements stated below.
- Must have 10 years MS Server Network Administration experience.
-Must have 6 years Cisco Networking experience.
-Must have 5 years experience with Firewalls.
-Must have 5 years VMware experience.
-Must have 5 years Citrix experience.
-Must have 5 yearsâ€™ experience in Network and Security Infrastructure design and deployment
-Data Center design experience
-Experience with VOIP and QoS
-Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems within converged communications infrastructure
-Network bandwidth optimization and automated monitoring experience
-Advanced knowledge of network virtualization and technologies including MPLS, VLAN, Tunneling (IPSEC, GRE, L2TPv3)
-Cisco switching and routing, Cisco Security/Firewalls, Juniper security/firewalls
-ITIL & Project Management methodology knowledge
-In-depth knowledge of HP servers and storage products
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
-VMware and Citrix Certified Preferred
Ability to work independently under general direction, and to work as part of a project team, to complete complex, detailed projects on-time and within budget.
Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with technical and non-technical staff, system vendors, and consultants. Ability to document complex system requirements and business rules clearly and efficiently.
Ability to develop and defend forward thinking strategy that complies with a complex set of requirements and inputs.
Our client offers a competitive Salary and Benefits