Job Code: SQL
Job Location: Atlanta, GA 30339
Type: Contract to Hire
Last Updated: 06/09/2014
The SQL Programmer/Analyst is responsible for developing Business Intelligence solutions, by providing database development and transformations services to staff throughout the organization. The incumbent also provides maintenance and third-level support to existing application systems, including fixing software errors, programming additional functionality and implementing upgrades.
· Extensive experience in database design, optimization, and troubleshooting
· A minimum of 3 years work experience at the Programmer/Database/Analyst
· Extensive experience programming within SQL Server 2005/2008 – working with database design and implementation, stored procedures, DTS packages, SSIS, SQL Reporting Services, and Analysis Services (designing, maintaining, and enhancing OLAP cubes)
· Strong attention to detail, logical/critical thinking and analysis skills is required
· Excellent communication, customer service, planning, and coordination skills
· Ability to conduct business analysis and requirements gathering
· Knowledge of and ability to design, build and develop a new product, technology or service from concept through to production
· A modest proficiency in .Net development is highly desirable
· Conduct requirements analysis, develop system designs, and implement computer systems under limited supervision:
o Interpret, discuss and refine business requirements and produce design and implementation specifications
o Analyze requirements to be able to determine and recommend appropriate solutions for business problems
· Work closely with business unit personnel to fine tune solutions
· Create documentation for systems developed to ensure they can be modified by others and supported by the business units and IT support staff
· Assist business unit personnel in using tools appropriate for the application.
OOur client offers a professional work environment, excellent salary and benefits.